Vehicle Communications & Measurment Module Base Kit VCMM
The Vehicle Communication & Measurement Module (VCMM) combines all of the functionality of the VMM, VCM II, and MTS 4000/4100 vibration analyzer in an industry leading one-box solution. The Advanced kit includes all components and functionality found in the base kit P/N 164-R9822 along with the advance driveline balance kit and secondary ignition testing capability. This is the same kit found in all the Ford Dealerships and will cover all Ford Makes Trucks, Cars, Gas, Diesel 1996 - Current Year.
This Kit Includes:
Ford VCMM Advanced Kit, VMM, VCM 2, Vibration Analyzer and Oscilloscope
All Cables and Wireless Module Included
Full Factory 2 Year Industry Leading Warranty
The Base Kit Does Not Come with a Software License (Sold Separately)
DIAGNOSTIC CAPABILITY (DOES IT ALL)
Programmable Module Installation
Remote Keyless Entry
Factory Keyless Entry Code
Bleed anti-lock brakes
IVD Initialization Sequence
Ride Height Calibration
Accurate Trim Test
Charging System Test
Parking Aid Switch Test
Fuel Economy Test
Fuel System Test/RelativeInjector Flow Test
Ignition System Test
Spark Duration PIDs
Power Balance Test
Relative Compression Test
Engine Checks and OBD Tests
Other Powertrain tests & functions
- Vehicle Communication (VCM II capability)
- Customer Flight Recorder capable
- 4-Channel Oscilloscope
- 4-Channel Digital Multi-meter
- 5th-Channel direct monitoring of the DLC connector
- Vibration Analysis
- Driveline Balance*
- Signal Generator
4/5 Channel Oscilloscope
- Improved user interface from VMM
- Four independent differential Input Channels enables independent monitoring of signal types such as monitoring voltage while concurrently measuring voltage drop across the circuit.
- A Fifth High Speed Channel that can directly monitor CAN signals at the DLC connector
- Capture/Record capability to assist in capturing intermittent issues
- Advanced Triggering capability
- Pre-Configured setup configuration for common signals and procedures
- New “Time/Angle” time based settings (CKP/CMP timing diagnostics)
Vibration Analysis and Driveline Balance
- Similar functionality to the MTS 4000/4100
- Improved user interface with reduced configuration and setup time
- Color display
- Record capacity
- “Strobe light Pick up loop” for improved component identification*
- Optional second vibration transducer*
- Optional Dual Plane driveline balance*
*Requires Advanced Kit (164-R9823)
The Digital Multi-Meter
- Monitor up to four independent readings at the same time
- Capture/Record history
- Graphing capability for up to two channels
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, Pulse Width, Duty Cycle, Frequency and Period
- User configurable settings for signal waveform types: sine, square, triangle, pulse generator, DC voltage and arbitrary.
- Verify integrity of module input wiring and the module hardware
- Improved interface and greater adjustability of voltage and frequency.
The VCMM will run on any Windows 7 or higher operating system that has 8GB of RAM or higher.
IDS software subscription required.
IDS License Purchase and Product Support
Additional resources including IDS software license purchase, software download, user’s manuals, troubleshooting guides, system requirements, support and more are available by accessing the customer resource pages shown below.
Aftermarket and Fleets Customers - https://www.motorcraftservice.com/ and select Diagnostic Tool Support from the top navigation menu.
Dealers or customers with a PTS subscription - http://www.proservicetech.com/ and select Rotunda > Diagnostic Tool Support from the top navigation menu for IDS license and product information. For additional product or license technical support please fill out a TIS request form found under the technical support menu.